Русский | English
Rules of contributing, reviewing and publishing of research papers
Rules of contributing and publishing of research papers
There are materials of different kinds and orientations that included in the journal «Law and modern state» and published in accordance with the subject of the magazine. Type of articles: research papers, case reviews, reports of conferences, short information, etc.
The circle of authors is not limited. Editorial opinion may not coincide with that of the authors.
Requirements for the structure of the article
- Name and surname of the author (authors).
- Photograph of the author(s) is to publish before the article (optional).
- Title of work in Russian.
- Abstract of the article not less than 100 and not more than 300 words in Russian, reflecting the main content of the work so that the reader got a comprehensive understanding of its content.
- List of keywords (in Russian, not less than 10 and not more than 25 words). The meaning of keywords is to provide the conditions to search for articles in the bibliographic, libraries, and information databases. Use the conventionat names of objects formed a recognizable phrase.
- The main text of the article recommended to break up the text into sections (sub-sections, parts) or other structural elements, preferably with names.
- Information about the author(s): surname, name and patronymic, specialty, degree, academic rank, place of work and position, coordinates (postal address, zip code, phones — for the contract, e-mail — to be published in the information about author).
- In English: name and surname of the author(s).
Requirements for the typescript
- The text contained in the file shall be executed in Microsoft Word 97 or higher.
- Page format A4. All fields of 20 mm.
- Type font — Times New Roman, size — 14, text color — black.
- Line spacing — 1.5, alignment — on width, indention — 1.25 cm.
- Pictures are acceptable only in black and white and included in the text, as well as in a separate graphic file. Unconnected and not scalable pictures are not accepted. Captions made below pictures.
- Tables placed as the text unfolds or attached separately (with indication of their location). Tables must be demonstrative and compact. All the tables numbered with Arabic numerals and provided with headings. Captions and headings of the tables must correspond strictly to their content. Captions to tables made from above. The text of the tables: font size — 10-12, line spacing — 1.0.
- The number of illustrative material (tables, figures, charts, graphs, photographs) should be minimized (usually less than 4-5). In consultation with the editorial board in special cases, the amount of illustrative material can be increased.
Requirements bibliographies and citing literature
- References to sources are paginal, with numeration beginning of each page. In addition to references to sources, the article may contain paginal footnotes – the author’s notes and commentaries.
- The format of footnotes: Times New Roman, size — 11, text color — black.
- Cited article literature (author, title, edition, place, publisher, year of publication and the page for articles) given in alphabetical order in a list at the end of the article, first in Cyrillic, then in Latin. The list is not numbered.
- Drawing up and registration of bibliography is regulated by the following regulations:
— GOST 7.1-2003 SIBID «Bibliographic record. The bibliographic description. General requirements and rules «(the Interstate standard).
— GOST 7.0.5-2008 SIBID «bibliographic references. General requirements and rules «(the Interstate standard).
— GOST 7.82-2001 SIBID «Bibliographic record. Bibliographic description of electronic resources. General requirements and rules «(the Interstate standard).
The volume of articles from 9000 to 40 000 characters including spaces and illustrative materials (5-22 pages). The amount of illustrative material considered as equivalent to the text, which could take the place of the illustrative material.
The adoption of the typescript for publication
The Editorial Board and Editorial Staff reserves the right to select and to refuse publication of articles in the case of non-compliance of the subject of the magazine. The decision of acceptance or non-acceptance the article reported to authors.
Accepted typescripts reviewed.
The editors reserve the right, in agreement with the authors to reduce the volume of materials sent to carry out the necessary scientific and literary editor.
Typescripts and other materials submitted to the editors in electronic form at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
The site www.bar-association.ru can see the full-text log file.
The editorial staff is ready to assist young authors in preparing articles for publication in the form of scientific advice.
Rules of reviewing articles
Each typescript (the article), presented to the Editor scientific journal «Law and modern states» (the Editorial Board), must pass reviewing.
The author has the right to provide its own review of the article, signed by an independent expert in the field of science and / or practice. In this case, editors may send the article for additional own review.
The typescript of a research paper, received by the editors of the magazine, considered the Chief Editor and Deputy Chief Editor of the two-week deadline for compliance with the profile of the journal article, the requirements for registration. After approval of the article sent for review to experts having a Doctor of Science, LLD or PhD degree or practical experience in the topic of scientific specialization. Reviewers may be members of the Editorial Board, qualified outside experts and practitioners. Author’s thesis adviser cannot be a reviewer.
In case of refusal of review provided by the author, the Editorial Board shall send a grounded reply to the author.
Editorial board directs the review authors in electronic form. At the request of the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian edition of a mandatory review provides to the Commission and / or the Ministry.
Term of review may not exceed one month from receipt of articles by reviewers.
The review highlights the following issues:
- Compliance of the content of the article to its topic;
- Compliance of the article with modern achievements of scientific and theoretical thought;
- Is the article accessible to readers which it is designed, in terms of language, style and arrangement of the material, clarity, tables, charts, figures and formulas;
- Is it appropriate to publish in the Journal;
- What exactly are the positive aspects and the shortcomings of the article.
The reviewer has the right to make recommendations the author to improve the article. Comments and suggestions of the reviewer should be impartial and based on principle, aiming improving the scientific and methodological levels of the typescript.
The conclusion of the review should include deduction on the typescript as a whole, give clear recommendation of the expediency of its publication in the Journal and contain one of the following decisions:
- to recommend the adoption of a typescript for publication in the Journal;
- to recommend the adoption of the typescript for publication with the introduction of technical changes;
- to recommend the adoption of a typescript for publication in the Journal after the author’s taking into account of the reviewers’ comments, and following re-reviewing by the same reviewer;
- not to recommend the publication of an article in the Journal due to its non-compliance with the requirements for the scientific level of the Journal.
In the case of a negative evaluation of the typescript as a whole, the reviewer should clearly justify their conclusions.
Modified paper should pass reviewing.
The presence of positive reviews is not sufficient for publication. The final decision on whether and when publish the article made by the Chief Editor, or if necessary by the Editorial Board.
The Editorial Board will inform the author of the decision by e-mail.
Editorial Board does not keep typescripts not accepted for publication. Typescripts are not to be returned.
For more information, please contact the editor.