PhD in Law from Glasgow University. UK. 1997-2000; MLitt from St Andrews University. UK. 1996-1997; A Degree of Candidate of Legal Sciences from Russian Academy of Public Administration (equivalent to JD) Moscow. Russia. 1993-1996; A Degree with the Highest Honours of a Teacher of History and Social Sciences from Stavropol Teacher Training College. 1988-1993. Russia
From 2015 up to now: Assist. Professor of the Faculty of Law, Chiang Mai University, Thailand
2013 — 2015 foreign expert at Tibet University, China.
2011 — 2013: teaching history, government, economics, and Latin language at Kunming International Academy, Kunming, China.
2012: visiting lecturer at law faculty, Chiang Mai University, teaching human rights law.
2010 – 2011: teaching international environmental law, information technology law, criminology; Assistant Professor at Chiang Mai University, Thailand.
2010 – 2011: teaching international trade law and business law for business students; a part-time lecturer at Payap University, Thailand.
2009 – 2010: Foreign Expert at Yunnan Police Officers Academy, China.
2008 – 2010: teaching international environmental law, information technology law, criminology, human rights law; a full time law lecturer at Chiang Mai University, Thailand.
2007 – 2008: research in criminology as a visiting researcher at Law Faculty of Regensburg University, Germany.
2007: research in criminology as a visiting researcher at law faculties in Edinburgh University and Glasgow University, the UK.
2004 — 2007: teaching human rights law, international environmental law, information technology law; a full time law lecturer at Chiang Mai University, Thailand.
2002 — 2004: Foreign Expert at Mae Jo University, Chiang Mai, Thailand.
2001 — 2004: teaching international trade law, international economic law; a part-time lecturer at Chiang Mai University, Thailand
1996: teaching theory of law at Stavropol State University, Russia.
Scholarships and other academic experience:
2006-2007 – empirical research in Chiang Dao Wildlife Nature Reserve, Northern Thailand, on prevention of environmental offences among youth groups from ethnic minorities. Teaching children from hill tribes minorities in the North of Thailand as a part of a research program
2004-2007 – empirical research in a Thai juvenile correction institution on perception of justice by juvenile offenders. Many offenders were from ethnic minorities. A teacher in Chiang Mai Juvenile Correction Institution as a part of a research program, Thailand.
1998 – empirical research in the European Court of Human Rights on the role of conscience in making judicial decisions: interviews with the members of the former Commission and the judiciary.
1997-2000 – Glasgow University research grant, ORS Award, and St Andrew’s Trust Scholarship for PhD research.
1996 – joint British Chevening and St. Andrew’s Trust Scholarship for studying in the UK.
Publications in English:
- Shytov, A. (2001) Conscience and Love in Making Judicial Decisions – Law and Philosophy Library: Dortrecht: Kluwer,.
- Shytov, A. (2004) Thai Folktales and Law – Acts: Chiang Mai, Thailand.
- Shytov, A. and Na Pompechara, B. (2007) Thai Juvenile Delinquency Justice and its Perception by Juvenile Offenders. Chiang Mai University, Thailand.
- Shytov, A., Siriwittayakorn, T., Nunthagowat, S., and Longsida, T. (2007) Thai Local Youth and Environmental Offences. Chiang Mai University, Thailand.
Textbook: Introduction to Information Technology Law.- Chiang Mai University, 2010.
- “Public Participation and Environmental Law” in: Payap University Law Journal, 2002. – P.31-48.
- “Legal Reasoning of Thai Constitutional Court in the Case Thai Steel Galvanized Ltd” in: Journal of Political Science of Chiang Mai University. Vol. 39, No. 1. (2004) – P. 183-196.
- “The Rule of Law: Thai Law and Folk Wisdom” in: Chulalongkorn Law Journal – Vol. 23, No. 2., 2004. – P.159-173.
- “Public Participation in Environmental Protection and Thai Folk Wisdom” in: Thai Law Forum Journal 2005 Issue 1. — Available at: http://www.thailawforum.com/Vol8-Spring-05.html
- “Indecency on the Internet and International Law” in International Journal of Law and Information Technology. – Vol. 13, No. 2, 2005. – P. 260-280.
- “Legal Pluralism and Folklore” in: Legal Pluralism – Chiang Mai: Law School Publication, 2005. – P.53-68.
- “A Thai Case of Extradition: Political Expediency and Mercy” in: Thai Law Forum Journal, 2006. At: http://www.thailawforum.com/Vol9-Fall-06.html
- “Constitutional Law, Democracy and Thai Folk Wisdom” in: Chiang Mai Law School Journal, 2006. P. 137-161
- “Indecency on the Internet as a Challenge to Thai Law” in: Thai Law Forum Journal, 2006. — http://www.thailawforum.com/articles/indecency-challenge-thailaw.html
- “Justice in German Juvenile Delinquency Law from a Thai Law Perspective” in:
Chulalongkorn Law Journal – Vol. 25, No. 3., 2006. – P.181-203.
- “International Conventions and Law Enforcement in the Developing Countries.” In: Proceedings to an International Conference at North-Caucasus University, Stavropol, 2007.
- “Folktales as the Source of Law” in: Archives for Philosophy of Law and Social Philosophy Vol. 94, 2008. No. 3. P. 325-336.
- “Thai Folk Moral Principles and Intellectual Property Crime” in: Thai Law Forum Journal, 2010. http://www.thailawforum.com/Vol13-Spring-10.html
- “Communication in Chinese Environmental Criminal Law” in Aktualnye Problemy Sovremennoi Nauki (Scientific Problems of Current Interest) Proceedings to the International Conference in Alushta, 27-30th of April, 2015: Issue 4, Vol.3. Contemporary Problems of the Struggle against Crime. pp. 104-110. http://stavuniver.ru/uploads/files/270/3.pdf#page=104
- “Internet Copyrights in Thai Context” in CMU Journal of Law and Social Sciences Vol 8, No 2 (2015): http://www.law.cmu.ac.th/ojs/index.php/CMUJLSS/article/view/103
- “Environmental Considerations in Investment Law of Vietnam in the Context of Vedan Vietnam Case” in: MFU Connexion: Journal of Humanities and Social Sciences. Vol.5 No.1 Jan-Jun 2016, http://connexion.mfu.ac.th/2015/ejournal/Vol.5%20No.1%202016/1-36%20Environmental%20Considerations%20in%20Investment%20%20Law-Alexandre.pdf
- “Thai Criminal Law and Internet Copyrights” in: Thailand Journal of Law and Policy Vol. 18. 2016 Issue 1 (Spring), http://www.thailawforum.com/articles/Thailand-internet-copyright-law.html
- “Environmental Crime and Communication to the Public in China.” Journal of Chinese Political Science. 2016:1-9. http://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s11366-016-9429-8
- “Religion in Juvenile Justice: Buddhism within the Walls of Thai Juvenile Justice” in: Kerner, Hans-Jürgen u. Marks, Erich (Hrsg.),
Internetdokumentation des Deutschen Präventionstages. Hannover 2016, http://www.praeventionstag.de/dokumentation/download.cms?id=2563&datei=perception-of-justice-in-thailand-2563.pdf
- “Environmental Migrants and International Law” CMU Journal of Law and Social Sciences Vol 9, No 2 (2016), https://www.tci-thaijo.org/index.php/CMUJLSS/article/view/72953/58683
- Liability for Pollution Damage in Vedan Vietnam Case CMU Journal of Law and Social Sciences Vol 10, No 1 (2017) 89 – 114. https://www.tci-thaijo.org/index.php/CMUJLSS/article/download/92163/72246
Publications in Russian:
- Moral Foundations of Law — Moscow: RAPA, 1996.
- 2. German Administrative Process – Stavropol: GTU, 2004. (As a co-author)
Several articles in Russian were written in 1993-2014 in the area of legal theory, history of legal theory, comparative law, criminal and environmental law.
Academic interests: philosophy of law, legal anthropology, environmental law, environmental crime, criminology, computer crime.
Hobbies: studying languages, hill-walking, world religions and Asian culture.